Memoirs of a Hindu girl in Pakistan

I grew up in fear – every face around me depicted nothing but fear. I am sure that the first expression on my parent’s face on my birth as a female child born to Hindu parents living in Kandhkot would have been that of fear also. Why did I bring so much fear into the lives of my parents? I grew up always wondering what is it about me that continues to terrify. But I always drew a blank. How naïve I was.

Before I knew it, the time to attend school had arrived. School was comfortable; however, there were times when I felt like an outsider, finding it difficult to gel in with rest of the majority. Perhaps the snide remarks and incidents of discrimination led me to believe that I am not one of ‘them’. Of those incidents, I still vividly remember no one eating with me and refusing to sip from the cup I drank from.

To Know More Please Read:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Communal Clash in Kolkata Area (May 9)

From The Twitter Broadcast Of HS President Tapan Ghosh (July 3, 2017)

Hindu girl Abducted by Muslims in Joynagar